Spring cleaning started out as a practice that was meant to rid homes of soot and grime generated by having fires and candles inside throughout winter. Since we now rely on electricity and other means for lighting and heating, the original intention for spring cleaning is no longer applicable. The practice of spring cleaning though is a perfect opportunity to make the homes of seniors clean and safe.
Why Spring Cleaning Is Important to Seniors?
Seniors who live on their own are likely to have a hard time maintaining the cleanliness of their place. They need all the help that they can get when it comes to keeping it clean and orderly. The perfect time to set things in order is during spring cleaning. It would be the perfect moment to remove all the clutter and unwanted stuff there.
Spring-Cleaning a Senior’s Home
Do you have a loved one who is a senior? Then you should help them out when it is time to do some spring cleaning. Here are some tips that you can follow when you want to help in spring cleaning a senior’s home:
· Make a checklist of all the tasks that would have to be accomplished. You can use it as a checklist in order to be sure that you accomplish the things that you need. You should include all the tasks that you want on that list and leave out nothing.
· It is important that you find a specific time when you can do the cleaning. You need to devote a great deal of time for it and should probably set aside a whole day for it.
· You might want to think about getting some help. Look at your checklist and find out if there is anything there that would require more than what you can do alone.
· There are professional cleaning services that you can hire. You should get in touch with them way ahead of your scheduled cleaning date so you can decide if you need to hire them.
· Make sure that your senior family members become involved in the task of cleaning. You should give them some legitimate tasks that would help give them a feeling of usefulness. That should make them feel good about themselves.
· Before you could even start your cleaning, you would have to declutter first. That involves removing items that are accumulating dust inside the senior’s home. Take out the ones that are useless and keep the ones that are with value.
· Start with the most difficult task. As you go along, you can do less complicated chores. That way, as you become tired from cleaning you will be facing less complicated tasks.
These are just some of the things that you have to do when it comes to spring cleaning a senior’s home.
Article Source: https://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Richard_Fowler
This post has already been read 1140 times!